Saturday, April 11, 2009

It has been a busy week.
Granddaughter Maddie and family came over on Monday and colored Easter eggs. She had a blast!
Dad had his chemo. Piano lessons later that day.
Wed. my stamping friend came over and we gabbed. We hardly ever stamp, but we enjoy the visiting. I promised her this next week I'll have a project ready to do.
Thursday I went over to my parents (Missy took me) to see Dad and to visit with my Uncle Jim and Aunt Charlotte whom I hadn't seen in 33 years. Some long time friends of my parents came by also. It was good for Missy to see her Grandpa. We are Thankful to Lani my niece for watching Missy's two girls for us.
Friday piano lessons. Then Missy and I went to the Cancer Center to see my Dad and Mom.
Dad had to have a blood transfusion and a shot in the stomach. He looked good, but doesn't feel well at all. We took turns sitting with him. We did find out (thanks to Mom for asking the doctor for me) what Dad has exactly. It is called, "Multiple Myeloma". I looked it up on line and the Mayo Clinic had an excellent article on it. It basically is cancer of the plasma cells. It is incurable.
Their testimony for the Lord is amazing! Next week looks as busy or busier. Until then, I'll leave you with a verse from my morning devotions: Romans 8:18 " For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."
For a Believer this is a comfort.

1 comment:

Lani said...

Any time you need me just let me know!